The Technical Writer's Freelancing Guide

Subject: The Technical Writer's Freelancing Guide
From: Peter Kent <techwr -at- ARUNDEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 14:54:20 -0600

I'd like to make an apology. A long time ago I mentioned in techwr-l that I
was planning to republish "The Technical Writer's Freelancing Guide," and
about 175 people e-mailed me asking to be added to a mailing list that I
planned to use to let people know when the book finally appeared. That's
over a year ago, maybe much longer actually; I'd intended that the book
would be available much sooner, but "the best laid plans of mice and men"
and all that... Well, the book is now scheduled for publication, by ARCO (a
division of Macmillan Publishing, not an oil company!) in October. I
recently e-mailed that list of 175 writers letting them know that they're
still on the list. Of course many people have changed their e-mail
addresses; so, if anyone wants to get back onto the list, just send a msg to
techwrnotify -at- arundel -dot- com and you'll automatically be added to the list.

If anyone would like to get a review copy, please mail me at
techwr -at- arundel -dot- com with your street address and the name of the journal, Web
site, newsletter, paper, or magazine in which the review will appear.

If anyone wants more info about the book you can find it at
http://www.arundel.com/techwr/ . You'll find a TOC, three sample chapters,
testimonials, information about what's been added to this revision of the
book, and so on.

Sorry again for my false promises and the delay in the publication of this
book, but it is finally on the way!

Peter Kent