hiring an indexer

Subject: hiring an indexer
From: Hillary Jones <hillary -at- NICHIMEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 11:57:53 -0700

Could anyone who has hired an indexer before email me privately and tell
me how that works?

Specifically what I want to know is: does the indexer just tell you what
terms to include and you do it yourself? does the indexer take your
FrameMaker files and mark all the terms for you? Basically I'm trying to
discover how much time and effort hiring an indexer for a few manuals
would save!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hillary Jones