Re: Defining "proposal" and CBT

Subject: Re: Defining "proposal" and CBT
From: "Robin M. Allen" <robin -dot- m -dot- allen -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 15:56:24 -0500

KFuhlbrig wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> In email discussions with a tech writer, it came up that my definition of
> "proposal writing" and a tech writer's definition might be different. What
> sorts of proposals do tech writers write (if a tech writer could write
> proposals)?
>
> Also, what does CBT stand for?
>
> Kathryn

Kathryn:

I wrote proposals for 2.5 years for my last company, a software
developer. Actually, I responded to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
Proposal writing is a combination of sales and technical writing, but it
can't be too salesy or too technical.

The RFPs typically wanted answers to technical questions. For example,
how does your application handle X? Does your application do Y? I had to
understand how our software did X and Y, respond with a technical
answer, but put a sales spin on it.

CBT = Computer-based training

I hope this helps.
Robin Allen