ATM vs TrueType

Subject: ATM vs TrueType
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 17:31:09 -0400

"M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE> wrote:

>John -dot- Cornellier -at- paris -dot- ie -dot- philips -dot- com wrote:
>
>> Using Windows & Frame should one use ATM or Truetype? Or >>both?

At the risk of nit-picking, ATM is the Adobe Type Manager.
The latest version, 4.0, manages both TrueType and Type 1 files
(AKA postscript or Adobe-type fonts).

>Until yesterday I would have said ATM fonts are not worth the >hassle,

Hassle? What hassle? Are you just referring to the fact that
Windows comes with TrueType fonts? If anything, postscript fonts are
less trouble for almost any professional use, and are usually better
quality (although, in theory TrueType should allow for better font
rendering).
--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com / bbyfield -at- ca -dot- ibm -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"You saw me drowning, you said I was a fake & laughed,
Then you jumped right in & used me for a raft,
You shot me down with friendly fire,
You were all dressed up to play Gun for Hire,
The rope you threw me was made of barbed wire;
Put it there, Pal, put it there."
--Richard Thompson