Re: product name noun vs adjective

Subject: Re: product name noun vs adjective
From: Laura Bean Warner <laura -dot- bean -at- DELTEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 09:00:04 -0500

<For years we have used our product name as a noun in all our
literature, manuals and online help. The question came up today
whether or not this is a problem and should it actually be used as an
adjective.>

We use our product names as adjectives only. We sell ambulatory drug
pumps and vascular catheters, and some of our products are PORT-A-CATH®,
CliniCath?, and CADD-Prizm?. As you can see, without the noun to follow
the product name, readers are left to imagine what the product is. So,
we write, "PORT-A-CATH® catheter, CliniCath? catheter, and CADD-Prizm?
pump.

Laura Bean Warner
(laura -dot- bean -at- deltec -dot- com)
Technical Writer for SIMS Deltec