Re: Is it just me? S/W doc question

Subject: Re: Is it just me? S/W doc question
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 23:35:15 +0800

Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA> said:
> I have a manager who said (really) "The whole point of rapid applic-
> ation development is to get away from rigid specs. Now the developers
> can just add features as they come to mind!" (Arghhhh....)

I'd love to know how rapid this manager's projects ended up being.

As I understand it, the point of rapid application development was to
use prototyping early in the project to test the proposed design on
users. Once the developers have mulched in their bright ideas and it's
all been coded, it turns out to be too expensive to weed out even major
design faults when inevitably they sprout during beta testing or later.

Regrads
---
Stuart Burnfield
Functional Software Pty Ltd