Re: newbie needs advice

Subject: Re: newbie needs advice
From: "Renze, Janet L" <Janet -dot- Renze -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:20:54 -0700

with regard to the education and "education while working" i'd
like to throw in my 2 cents...

I kept my full time secretarial job (at the university) while taking 2-3
graduate courses at night (thank goodness more schools are realizing
this is a valuable scheduling option!) balancing all the demands of
work,
time-intensive projects, and a husband in grad school was tough, but
am really glad i had all those things going on to balance each other
out.
i could bring work experiences into class (for great project ideas),
class
topics back to work (to help get better projects there, like a
newsletter),
and graduate school experiences from home (my husband is in engineering,
and i'm grateful for the chance to learn from his dept., too!).

after it was all said and done, i was able to launch out of the
secretarial
pool, degree in hand, to a well paying tech writing position and feel
confident having proved many of my skills along the way...

good luck!!
janet

Janet L. Renze Technical Writer
janet -dot- l -dot- renze -at- boeing -dot- com
(206) 234-8662