(Fwd) Re: where to buy books

Subject: (Fwd) Re: where to buy books
From: "T. Mazza" <tmazz -at- KODIAK -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 13:15:02 -0400

Mike Collier - SSG wrote:

> I cringe when I see repeated references on this list to a well known
> internet-based shipper of books. While I'm not offended by occasional
> free advertising on the list for useful products or services, I do want
> to point out the bigger picture of what's happening when you order books
> this way. This is important as I think most technical writers are, like
> me, voracious consumers of books.
>
> I don't know about your neighborhood, but in mine, independent
> booksellers are struggling. . . . .

Mike, I truly admire your altruistic spirit. When it comes down to supporting
my children through college or supporting the local booksellers, I find myself
overwhelmed by an innate desire to ensure the well-being of my family first...

More power to those who can afford to to both effortlessly!

--
(You can build a better mousetrap, but now someone will build a better mouse...)

Theodora Mazza (tmazz -at- adams -dot- com)