Re[2]: State Laws?

Subject: Re[2]: State Laws?
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- ASICENTRAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 15:43:00 -0500

NSPE will also have to sue Microsoft. I was just at their Word support
site where I saw a button labelled "Submit a Question to a Support
Engineer"

Kathleen

Kpadova -at- millstar -dot- com

Subject: Re: State Laws?
Author: BARRYK -at- SMTP (Barryk) {barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM} at MHS
Date: 6/4/97 11:24 AM

> Pat Gantt wrote:
> >> Yes, NSPE is serious and pursuing the illegal use of the term engineer. <
<

This sounds to me like the little bully NSPE is out to validate themselves
by tossing frivolous lawsuits around.

Sure, sue some little poor homemaker who starts a business called
"domestic engineers", or some poor smuck who calles herself a "information
engineer".

But take on Novell's Certified Network Engineer title, nope, too big a
task.

Easier to slap the little guy with the vast reasources of dues paying
sheep.

The word "engineer" does not belong to the NSPE to dole out as they see
fit. How offensive!

What silly nonsense!

Go ahead NSPE, sue away. You will soon be taken as seriously as the
"Certified Electronic Technician" program, or an FCC license.

Barry Kieffer
Technical Writer
"My opinions only"