Re: Converting Windows Help to Mac Help

Subject: Re: Converting Windows Help to Mac Help
From: Carolyn_Gillis -at- TVO -dot- ORG
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 01:35:31 GMT

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

Sue Heim <sue -at- RISINC -dot- COM> wrote:

> Also, John Renish asked if I could provide more information. You need
> to change the Type to HELP and the Creator to MSH2 (I suppose you
> could use ResEdit; we use a program we created internally to change
> the type/creator).

There's a great little $20 extension for Macintosh computers using
System 7.x, called Snitch. It's downloadable from many sites. It was
written by:

Mitch Jones
P.O. Box 354
Temple City, CA. 91780
USA

His support email addresses are:
Internet: mjones -at- netcom -dot- com
CIS: 76506,753
AOL: MitchJones
eWorld: MadMitch

Snitch makes any document's Type and Creator available any time that
you open that file's Finder Get Info box. It's made ResEdit almost
useless for me, and avoids the need for expensive programming time,
especially in freelance writing facilities that don't have computer
programmers on staff.

CJGillis
Carolyn Jane Gillis Member: EAC, CAJ

Secretary-Treasurer Technical Writer/Editor
WHD Concrete Techniology Limited Phone: (416) 267-5414
Scarborough, (Metro Toronto), Ontario Carolyn_Gillis -at- tvo -dot- org