Word 95 question

Subject: Word 95 question
From: Becca Price <rp51 -at- CHRYSLER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:15:20 -0400

My dad is looking to delete some icons from his desktop without
necessarily removing the applicaition. He heard of a program called
TweakUI that is supposed to do this, but can't find it. I'm a Win3.1
user
still, so can't help him - does anyone here have any advice,
information, etc. I can pass on?

TIA!

-becca

The May issue of ComputerLife (page 141) tells how to download a
Microsoft
program (TweakUI) that shows programs with a check mark in front of the
icon on programs that appear on the descktop. By removing the check
marks, you can remove the desktop icons you don't want to see. I tried
to get to this at www.microsoft.com/windows/common/aa2729htm as
instructed but without success.