Shortcut vs. Accelerator keys

Subject: Shortcut vs. Accelerator keys
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:35:00 +0000

Howdy, Yall:

We are having a little debate regarding what to call those
quick keys (you know: Alt & Ctrl plus some other key or keys).
Right now we are calling both "Accelerator keys". It has been
suggested we call the Alt + menu combination "Shortcut keys"
and the Ctrl + key "Accelerator keys".

Any suggestions? Anyone know a standard on this? Sorry if this
is in the archives (I cannot get to the web at work).

Thanks,

Melonie Holliman
The Tech Writer
ABM Data Systems, Inc.