Re: Frame 4 vs. Frame 5

Subject: Re: Frame 4 vs. Frame 5
From: Peter G Margaritis <chief -at- NCMS1 -dot- CB -dot- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 13:52:08 -0400

John -dot- Cornellier -at- paris -dot- ie -dot- philips -dot- com wrote:

> I'm currently on Frame 4 / Win 3.11. I need to buy more licences & wonder if
> it's a good time to move on to V5. Frame 4 ain't broke, so why fix it? Any
> compelling reasons not to change? Speak now or forever hold your peace....
>
> Is there _useful_ new functionality?
> Is it more resource heavy (I have 32MB RAM)?
> Is it more stable?
> Any good reasons _not_ to upgrade?
> Is it easy to convert Frame 4 docs?
>
> Thanks
> John -dot- Cornellier -at- paris -dot- ie -dot- philips -dot- com

John:

We here at Lucent changes from V4 to V5 about eight months ago.
My observations:

V5 SEEMS to take substantially more RAM to run
V5 has some useful new additions (e.g., clip art, import text as
well as graphics)
V5 seems somewhat less stable, especially if you have low RAM
A co-worker's comment: "Frame 5 doesn't work as well."
Suggestion: If you can stay w/V4, I'd do so.

Pete Margaritis
chief -at- ncms1 -dot- cb -dot- lucent -dot- com