Re: Cost effectiveness of switching tools

Subject: Re: Cost effectiveness of switching tools
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 16:55:51 +0800

I had the same experience as Candace, though I didn't keep figures.
I did several manuals in Word, and trying to wrestle them into shape
to send to the printers was always hellish.

Every manual in Frame has gone more smoothly than any manual in Word.

I managed without training, but I did start with some templates from
someone who knew what they were doing.

The only thing I'd add to Candace's list is this: don't try to convert
documents in both directions. Bring text in from Word files to Frame
but avoid having to convert them back. It'd be like trying to turn the
beautiful swan back into the ugly duckling.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield "That which does not kill me, makes me stranger"
Functional Software Pty Ltd
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au