techwr job stats & curriculum

Subject: techwr job stats & curriculum
From: Steve Fouts <stefou -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 09:30:29 -0700

on Tue, 3 Jun 1997 18:21:10 +0200
John -dot- Cornellier -at- PARIS -dot- IE -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM

>I'm working on a curriculum for a techwr course. You might find the
results of
>some research I did interesting. Or not. Anyhow, I'd welcome all comments,
>opions, rants, raves, facts, etc.

The Northwest Center for Emerging Technologies (NWCET) and the Regional
Advanced Technology Education Consortium (RATEC) just publishd a book
called, "Building a Foundation for Tomorrow: Skill Standards for
Information Technology."

This book has the results of NWCET and RATEC research into what employers
expect out of IT professionals. One section is devoted to Skill Standards
for Technical Writers. This is serving as the basis for curriculum
development there.

The book is $25 + $3.50 S&H. from the
Bellevue Community College Bookstore
Bellevue Community College
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484

or call Joanne Temcov at (425) 562-6160 for more info.