Re: Word Display Problem

Subject: Re: Word Display Problem
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:17:00 -0700

Kathy Ellis wrote:
> I've come across the same strange display problem with Word 6. Several of
> our customers have complained that graphics are often unreadable on their
> computers, and pagination is screwy. Someone suggested that we send
> WordViewer on the CD or disk with the documentation. Has anyone used this as
> a solution? Is there another way to cast a document in virtual concrete and
> preserve it's original format?

And Steve Victor replied:
>I believe Word Viewer still displays documents using available fonts, so
>there could still be display and pagination problems. You might want to
>consider Acrobat for casting the documents in virtual concrete. Note
>that graphic legibility depends on screen resolution, so even Acrobat
>can't always help you there. In fact I've never seen a PDF document with
>good graphic display, although they print fine.

Has anyone tried to create a PDF using one of Microsoft's new fonts that
are designed especially for on-screen display? I downloaded a font
called Verdana from Microsoft's type foundry Web page (sorry I don't
have the URL) and it looks crisp and clear on screen from within Word,
but I haven't seen a PDF built with it.