Re: Frame 4 vs Frame 5

Subject: Re: Frame 4 vs Frame 5
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 10:21:28 -0400

>Is there _useful_ new functionality?

Nothing major. However, Frame 4 doesn't have the convenient HTML and
Acrobat conversion. Also, third party add-ons may not work.

Incidently, it also appears that Adobe has stopped development of the
Win 3.11 version. The latest upgrade for Win95 is 5.1.2, but the CD
contains only a version of 5.1.1 for Win 3.11. That's not too important
now, but it may be so later.

>Is it easy to convert Frame 4 docs?

Mileage varies. Some people have had no problems. Others, including me,
have had a miserable time. I had problems with page layouts and
paragraph tags converting, and I've heard of others who have had trouble
with index markers and cross-references.
--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer

"I banished sin, but I have erred,
It cannot be denied,
That these are sins: greed, tyranny