Re: SDK Documentation?

Subject: Re: SDK Documentation?
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 21:42:36 -0500

> We're writing the documentation for our first SDK. Exciting, huh?
> Anybody have any suggestions on books, websites, articles, etc., on
> putting together the manuals? I've got a few examples, both hard copy
> and online help, but what I'd like is to see some theory--some
> rationales for why these things are organized like they are.
>
> Sella Rush
> mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com

You might find useful info in _A Guide to Publishing User Manuals_;
Author: Ken Whitaker; Date: 1995; Price: $29.95; Publisher: Wiley
Technical Communication Library [ISBN (pbk) 0471-11846-X]

This volume discusses most aspects of producing a manual with lots of
interactivity, and demonstrates its techniques using Ventura
and FrameMaker. It's oriented less toward theory and more toward
production, but you can glean that the techniques are the result of
ideas that have been proven to work.

Alfred Watkins
Tech Scribe, Software Engineering, GTECH Corporation
mailto:awatkins -at- pobox -dot- com