TECHCOMM LIST ADMIN: Pass it on!

Subject: TECHCOMM LIST ADMIN: Pass it on!
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 02:09:28 -0500

By definition, the people who most need to read this message
won't get to see it!

From time to time, email addresses give errors, and if these
errors are serious (think back a couple of weeks!) or frequent,
that address' membership of the TechComm list has to be
suspended.

For some time I was emailing each suspended member to let them
know what had happened. Predictably, almost every time this
email also bounced! I've stopped doing this, but do still keep a
record of these suspensions.

The result is that there's no reliable way to warn
people of the problem. If you suddenly stop getting TechComm
messages, it could be because no-one has anything to contribute
to the list, or it could be that your account has a problem.

Please:

1. Leave the list if you plan to end your current email address.
You can always rejoin in your new identity.

2. Don't fill the list with test messages, but DO feel free to
start or join in a discussion on a reasonably relevant topic --
that way, you'll soon know if you're not getting messages from
the list.

3. Let anyone you know who has 'fallen off' this list know.

4. Contact me if you have any questions, or if there is a
problem with the list.

You can get me at
iharrison -at- sct -dot- co -dot- uk -dot- Remove : my work address
iain -at- bigfoot -dot- com -dot- Remove : this address forwards messages to my
mobile phone as well, so is good for short, urgent messages
iain -at- hairydog -dot- clara -dot- net -dot- Remove : my home address

Sadly, I have to add .Remove to these addresses to stop getting
junk email because I'm cc: this to the Techwr-l list, which
also goes onto usenet.

Obviously (to a human it's obvious) you remove that bit of the
'address', but it fools the spambots, thank goodness!

The TechComm web pages with information about how to join or
leave the list, and how to post to it start at:

http://www.hairydog.clara.net/techcomm.html

Iain Harrison
TechComm Listowner