Re: Design/readability question -Reply

Subject: Re: Design/readability question -Reply
From: Christine Fedruk <CFED44 -at- CBOT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:26:57 -0500

Hmm... I just saw one of those flip-books in the haircolor aisle of the
drugstore last night -- top and bottom pages were for separate products,
though. :-)

I agree with Bev's comment that this layout *might* work with a small
spiral that's the same color as the page. I'd also consider using a thick-ish
rule to separate those (too-narrow) columns, to preserve the (unnatural)
flow from top to bottom-of-the-second-page.

Hopefully, though, your higher-ups aren't dead set on this layout.
Separate pages would be much better!

Good luck...
-Christine
Chicago, IL

>From: Jennifer Kraus[SMTP:jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM]
><snip> ...the booklet is set up now so that when you read a section,
the text (laid out in four narrow columns) continues from the top of the
page OVER the spiral binding, then back up to the top of the page in the
next column. Besides the fact that the columns are too narrow to be
readable, it seems unnatural to me to have text that continues over a spiral
binding. I would naturally read the top half of the page (above the spiral
binding) first, then proceed to the bottom half of the page.