'Houston, we have a problem'

Subject: 'Houston, we have a problem'
From: Ana Branson <abranson -at- RADIUS-RETAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:20:02 BST

HELP !!

I'm new to this list and 'just out of nappies' as far as the technical
documentation scene goes but have enjoyed reading all the messages and merry
banter ...
Our Documentation Team has hit a wee bit of a crisis, in that the number of
text files we are compiling to produce on-line Help has increased
dramatically in the last year and the Microsoft hcp.exe compiler we use
(running on Windows 3.11) keeps on falling over in a very unfriendly and
extremely frustrating fashion ..... we seem to have hit a size barrier,
which (apparently) isn't meant to happen ?!

Is there anyone out there who could enlighten me as to the cause of this or
suggest a means of getting around the problem, even on a temporary basis ?

Any advice much appreciated ! ;-)

Ana Branson
abranson -at- radius-retail -dot- com