Re: Jewelbox booklets?

Subject: Re: Jewelbox booklets?
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 07:49:35 -0800

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 03:20:41 -0500, Buck & Tilly Buchanan wrote:

>Seeking assistance.
>
>I have started producing short (16-32 page) user's booklets for
>inclusion in CD-ROM jewelboxes.
>
>How about some suggestions as to a name for the booklets...

The only other things I've ever heard them called is "CD inserts" or
"liner notes", although the latter is a holdover from the days when
music came on these funny black vinyl disks, and isn't really
appropriate :-) Other than that, it seems "booklets" is a perfectly
acceptable term.

Do remember that you're somewhat limited as to the useful thickness of
these booklets, since they do have to fit under those little tabs in
the jewelbox lid. One of the thickest I've ever seen is the one
included with this "Denon Audio Technical CD" - it's 24 pages (12
thicknesses of glossy paper) and is a real pain to slide in-and-out of
its tabs in the lid. Short of using thinner paper for the inner pages,
this is about the practical maximum number of pages.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream...
MASTER! MASTER!
-Metallica, "Master of Puppets"