Re: Signs at work & the juggling act

Subject: Re: Signs at work & the juggling act
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:48:54 -0400

In a message dated 97-06-11 06:34:57 EDT, mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM (Wing, Michael J)
writes:

<< The amount of control a person has over their document design,
content, tools used, standards set or adhered to, and so forth can
affect a writer's attitude toward the job. >>
I believe this is the KEY right here - 'the amount of control'. In
everything. The sense of lacking control is at the heart of a lot of the
unhappiness some technical people feel.

Control is a two-way street - once you have it, you also have responsibility.
Which terrifies some people. But overall I'd say that the less your work
situation leaves you control and choice, the unhappier you'll be. Period.

Jim C.
Los Angeles