Re: STC Certification Survey

Subject: Re: STC Certification Survey
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 15:48:34 -0400

Not to argue... but....;)

I've known plenty of people who had a
good working knowledge of grammar, but
didn't know beans about *technical writing*.

Also, some usage issues vary by style guide.

How would you test for reorg'ing a
document -- isn't that very subjective?
Especially if you are doing linear vs.
modular restructuring, etc.

How would you test audience analysis skills?

I'm not saying it can't be done -- I'm
just curious as to the practicality of
it all. What are some actual examples of
test questions that folks think would be
fair game?

Curious in the Carolinas,

A.
--