Wasn't it this list??? Ten Commandments....

Subject: Wasn't it this list??? Ten Commandments....
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 17:15:04 -0700

Hi,

I'm on so many lists I actually forget...
Aging is not pretty! I miss my braincells that have died.
Anyone else suffer from this curious syndrome?

Anywho... I asked a local list to contribute to this thread.
Hope that someone posts a summary to the list!

UTK contributions:

Excerpted from the Book of the Web Goddess, Chapter 7, Verse 8. Used
with
permission.

Thou shalt not place an image map of a client-side nature upon thine
webpage without also providing corresponding textual linkage upon the
selfsame page.

If thou must useth the dreaded frame, thou shalt place a no-frames
option
upon thy opening page, which shouldst not be framed.

Thou shalt not crammeth too much text (or image) upon one's page so that
exessive scrolling is required. Consult the Book of Scrolls, Chapter 1,
Verse 1, which sayeth, too much scrolling corrupteth and leadeth down
the
path of unrighteousness...

And lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade at thine enemy, who, being
naughty
in My sight, shall snuff it.

One, two, five!

Now these are dogma's I could live by :-). I guess with the blink, as
with frames, I would like to see "Thou Shalt Use Sparingly... or "In
Moderation All Things that Blink or are Framed..."

> Here are a few more to add to Pat's list I came up with this morning...
>
> Thou shalt not use pastel text against a pastel background.
>
> Thou shalt create Web sites that are downloadable over a 14.4Kbps modem in
> less than infinite time.
>
> Thou shalt worship the current HTML standard.
>
> Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Photoshop plugins.
>
> Thou shalt not worship false tags (i.e. Microsoft).

Pat Gantt ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee ~ M.S., HRD
Electronic Performance Support Systems
http://members.tripod.com/~votechstudy/index.html
-O_-- Doing it the hard way is always easier º¿