Re: Certification Redux

Subject: Re: Certification Redux
From: Bill DuBay <bill_dubay -at- PHOENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:04:28 PDT

Absolutely not. Every form of performance is valuable. The question is, who
is qualified to judge that performance? People can't just take your word for
it. The judgment of employers and customers is problematic also, as I have
already indicated. They may or may not be qualified to judge.

Bill DuBay
Technical Writer
Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
email: bill_dubay -at- phoenix -dot- com
(714)790-2049 FAX: (714)790-2001
http://www.phoenix.com
-------------
Original Text
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>, on 6/17/97 10:22 AM:
So, Bill--

It's it your contention then that outside the determination of a
certification board, there is no valid or relevant determination of
quality in technical communication or technical communicators?

Chris

--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel

"Please do not try to confuse the issues with facts!"
-- George Banks, "Mary Poppins"