Framemaker licences

Subject: Framemaker licences
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:33:52 +0800

Jeffrey -

> Does anyone use the Unix version, and know the difference between the
> personal and shared versions? It's not clear in the materials I have
> seen. I'm probably looking to purchase 3 Unix licenses, but am unsure
> of the difference in version types.

From 'Using FrameMaker':

You can use FM if you have either a shared or a personal license. You
can get a shared license from your network on a first-come, first-
served basis; however your system administrator can reserve a shared
license for your exclusive use. A personal license can only be used by
a specific user. . .

Occasionally, you may find that no shared licenses are available. In
that case you can use FM only in demonstration mode until somebody
else gives up a license.

'Demo mode' means that you that you can't save. You can print, but it
adds a message to the header or footer saying that it was printed from
a demo copy.

You can also have a timeout, so that a licence is released if there is
no activity for X hours.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield The Technical Writer is *always* right.
Functional Software Pty Ltd Note that this is my opinion only and
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au not that of my employers.