Hard copy vs. online - summary

Subject: Hard copy vs. online - summary
From: Shlomo Ramon <ramsol -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 18:55:49 +0300

Better late.. I was upgrading and lost most of old mail in the process,
plus other excuses.
There seems to no consensus on where are we heading to. replies varied
from an incredulous " what, are people still writing hard copy", to
forget it, hard copy will always be around, 10-15 years ago there was a
lot of talk about paper less office and nothing happened. Seems that
the subject can best be summarized at this time by saying: there is
ample room for both online and hard copy docs, depending on:
- our clients wishes,
- application (a car or a washing machine require hard copy, while a
software package may be documented purely online.
Personally, because of a congenital respect for a written word, I would
regret if hard copy became extinct.
Ok so it is a tie - for the time being.