Re: Mail Software Terminology: Clarification

Subject: Re: Mail Software Terminology: Clarification
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:23:23 -0400

>was clear. While it is helpful to find out what other mail GUIs call
>their "inbox" in their menus, we're really stymied about what to call
>these in a general way when describing processes to system
>administrators, such as setting up the users "inbox," moving the user's
>directory and "inbox," and so on.

I'm working on similar documentation. We've decided to use 'mailbox' for
the generic descriptions and 'Inbox' only when referring to the menu item.
Saves confusion when discussing migration issues, especially when the old
application call it something else.

@Kat
katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
"This space intentionally left blank."