Re: What's important

Subject: Re: What's important
From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:50:37 -0500

----
From: Jim Purcell <jimpur -at- MICROSOFT -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Monday, June 23, 1997 6:22 PM

Bonnie Granat suggests:

> Joseph M. Williams' _Style_ (ISBN 0-226-89915-2) might just be what
> you're looking for.

This is a _wonderful_ book. I have used it to work with inexperienced
writers, struggling writers, and engineers who had to come to terms with
writing. They didn't all become great writers, but most of them improved
noticeably.

Another good book is William Zinnser's On Writing Well. I used several of the tips he presented with my freshman writing class last fall and they liked how the tips made sense and helped their writing.

The ISBN is 0-673-99308-6

I also like William's Style. It did a lot for unpacking some of those long and boring sentences I can create.

Paula

*********

Puffer Writing and Editing
http://www.cei.net/~techwrtr/