Re: Graphics in Word?

Subject: Re: Graphics in Word?
From: "Donald J. Plummer" <donp -at- BGNET -dot- BGSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:21:13 -0500

>Help, help!
>
>My eps graphics are disappearing in my documents. We link our
>graphics instead of imbedding to save space. But lately our graphics
>are disappearing. All we see is a place holder. Anybody have any
>tips?
>
>Mike Wilder

I am having a similar problem when I edit graphics in Word/Office 97 then
save it in Word 7. Some of the graphics are drawings which were created in
Word; others are imported graphics in .tif format. In some cases, when I
open the file in Word 7 I get empty frames, as Mike mentioned, and in other
cases the graphics are there but I cannot edit them.

My current strategy is to only edit text in Word/Office 97 and do the
graphics editing in Word 7 only, since the final documents have to be Word
7.

I have never had such difficulties with saving files in an earlier version
of a software package.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

don

Donald J. Plummer