Re: Techwhirl and STC Newsletters

Subject: Re: Techwhirl and STC Newsletters
From: Eric Haddock <ehaddock -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:54:52 -0500

> Does the quality of this listserv reduce the impact of local STC newsletters?

I don't think so--there are people who read newsletters but don't read this
list.

Also, don't forget that newsletters have an extremely high signal to noise
ratio. You have to plow through 50 posts to get something really useful here.
;) Every 100th post will have something really cool. In that regard,
newsletters will always have more impact that this list.

Finally, newsletters have something no worldwide list could: local impact
and relevance. Aside from announcements here about chapter and regional
meetings and occasional comparisons about salary ranges, this list is devoid of
things which affect me and my fellow Wisconsonites.
Publish your comments in your newsletter--it enriches your area and the
fellow TWs you can actually touch and feel.

Newsletters will continue to have value. They may change form (like be put
onto the web) but their importance won't diminish.

Regards from beautiful Wisconsin! :)

Me --> http://www2.pitnet.net/moonlion mailto:moonlion -at- full-moon -dot- com
Work --> http://www.engagenet.com mailto:ehaddock -at- engagenet -dot- com