Frame Graphic Problems and New Address for Framers listserv

Subject: Frame Graphic Problems and New Address for Framers listserv
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:16:36 +0800

Jyoti -

> Next time I open the file there lies a grey box instead of my bmp.
Look in the index of your 'Using Framemaker' manual. There is an entry
for 'gray box in place of imported images'. It's probably due to lack
of memory. Frame does this to try to let you keep working on your
document even when memory isn't sufficient to show all the graphics.

> I have used copy into document feature.
In most cases 'Import by reference' is a better option than 'Copy into
document'. There's a discussion in the manual about the advantages of
each method. (It's p16-7 in my UNIX manual; if you have the Windows
manual the page number may be slightly different.)

There is a mailing list like this one for Frame users. The address has
just changed. I've attached the new subscription instructions below.
I strongly urge to to subscribe, and to check the FrameUsers WWW page
and FAQ. The 'grey boxes' problem is in the FAQ, by the way.

The people on the framers list are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful,
but before you ask a question, make sure you try the manual and FAQ
first. Also mention your OS and FrameMaker version (e.g. "FrameMaker 5.1
on Windows 95"), as there are a few differences in FrameMaker across
UNIX, Mac and Windows.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield Live wrong and prosper
Functional Software Pty Ltd
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
ATTENTION Framers: New Posting Address and Web Site Address

As of Friday, 20 June 1997, these are the new addresses:
- Majordomo (subscribing/unsubscribing): Majordomo -at- FrameUsers -dot- com
- Posting Address: Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com
- Human Admin (Brad Anderson): brad -at- FrameUsers -dot- com
brad -at- falconmedia -dot- com

- FTP: ftp://ftp.FrameUsers.com/pub/
- Website: http://www.FrameUsers.com
From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
Join Framers by sending the message "subscribe framers"
or "subscribe framers-digest" to the Majordomo address.