Binding question

Subject: Binding question
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:30:36 -0500

Good day, everyone.

We're in the process of creating a buttload (technical term) of
documentation for a distributed development product we're putting out.
We're releasing the doc for the 1.0 (and, presumably for all 1.x)
releases in binders, so we can issue change pages as necessary. (The
product is subject to customer requests, so we want to have some
flexibility in updating the documentation.)

By the time 2.0 rolls around the direction of the product will be more
set in stone, so we'll probably use a different method of binding.
Management prefers perfect binding because it looks nice. I'm pushing
damn hard for for spiral or GBC because they stay open better and you
don't have to put them under your keyboard to hold them open. Management
has more power in this organization than I do (but I'm patiently working
on that).

I'm looking for something that will satisfy management's desire for
pretty books, but be easy for our users to keep open (without putting
paperweights on the books). Any suggestions?
--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel

"Please do not try to confuse the issues with facts!"
-- George Banks, "Mary Poppins"