Reluctant SMEs (Was Re: Education and Productivity)

Subject: Reluctant SMEs (Was Re: Education and Productivity)
From: Tom Brown <tombrown -at- ITOP1 -dot- US -dot- DG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:13:00 EDT

The problem with _making stuff up_ is that it could wind up in the
final document. My experience has been that busy SMEs do not
always have time to read drafts carefully or pay enough attention
to details. Unless what you made up is outlandish, they may accept
that the topic is covered. When I have to make a guess as to how
something works (because I don't have access to the latest
software, for example), I flag that section of the draft with
revision bars or a comment in large, bold print. Of course I have
to remember to remove comments from the final version.

____
/om
Tom Brown tombrown -at- itop1 -dot- us -dot- dg -dot- com 508 898-7442