Re: Question about learning to develop online help

Subject: Re: Question about learning to develop online help
From: DWeber <dweber -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:45:37 EST

To develop on-line help...using Doc-To-Help, all you need is a
softcopy of a manual. Just make some formatting adjustments...and the
software will compile your manual into a help system. This works well
because your help system is a direct derivative of the manual....so
they are exact as far as content. We update our help systems
everytime we update our manuals.

Diana Moran

Author: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- cei -dot- net> at smtp
Date: 6/26/97 1:08 AM

Okay, I found some Winhelp software that I could afford for my budget, and
I want start learning how to do online help. Problem is that I don't have a
piece of software to document. I'm also one of those people who learn
better if they have a practical reason to learn something. So any
suggestions where I might find a place where I could hook up with a
programmer so that I can document an actual application.

Paula

*********
Paula Puffer, Technical Writer
http://www.cei.net/~techwrtr/