Re: Docs. Web Pages, and HTML

Subject: Re: Docs. Web Pages, and HTML
From: Danny Wood <dwood -at- SSI -dot- NAVTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:26:21 -0500

On Jun 26, 2:50pm, Feeman Kevin SC2275 wrote:
> Subject: Docs. Web Pages, and HTML

<stuff deleted>

> I was given the suggestion of putting the TOC into a HTML file and
> creating links to the document. That wouldn't work because remember
> that all sections are in one text file and you would have all links
> pointing to one file.

Two things come to mind:
1) FrameMaker's book function generates separate files for the various lists
and tables, so you could place those separate files on the wed server
independenly, then add html links among them.

2) You can place separate HTML anchors (<A NAME="sectionname"></a>) at each
section heading of your text document, then use the internal anchor link
(<A HREF="#sectionname"> Jump to Section</A>) to link to a section.

It seems doable to me, but then I don't have to do it either. Good Luck.

--
Danny Wood
dwood -at- ssi -dot- navtech -dot- com

Technical Writer