Re: Docs. Web Pages, and HTML

Subject: Re: Docs. Web Pages, and HTML
From: Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 23:05:53 -0700

Feeman Kevin SC2275 said:
> 3. I can create a PDF file of the main text portion of the document
> and put it on the web page.

In Frame on UNIX, I put .pdf books on the web all the time. What you
do is print the book so each chapter (and the TOC) have the extension
.doc.ps. Once they go through Distiller, they will be *.doc.pdf. If
you have everything set up right in Frame, then, hyperlinks will work
and the TOC can be used to get to any chapter in the book. It's not as
convenient as HTML, but it's a heck of a lot faster.

You could make xref at the end of every chapter to go back to the TOC
or something if you really wanted to.

Karen
karen -at- wordwrite -dot- com