Phrasing Question summary

Subject: Phrasing Question summary
From: John Bell <jbell -at- PARAGREN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:27:38 -0400

Several days ago I asked:
> Which phrasing do you prefer:
>
> * Sun Solaris, version 2.4 or higher
> * Sun Solaris, version 2.4 or greater
> * Sun Solaris, version 2.4 or newer

My personal preference is for "or newer", since that truly and simply reflects
the concept, but the overwhelming response has been for "or later", a
choice I originally rejected because I didn't like the connotations of "later"
and "late". When I hear the word "later" used in conjunction with software,
I think of scheduled dates slipping! "Newer" has a much more positive
connotation.

Because so many people suggested "later", that seems to be the best
one to use.

Thanks to everyone for responding!

--- John Bell
jbell -at- paragren -dot- com