Word 97 graphics size

Subject: Word 97 graphics size
From: Dave Chisma & Gail Hodgson <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 11:49:20 +1000

I'm new to this list so I aplologise if this has been covered before.

Does anybody know what's the deal with Word 97 and why I'm having
problems with locking the size of imported graphics?

What happens is: I import a tif file by reference, and it appears at its
original size (too large). I use either the Ctrl+F11 key combination to
lock the image size (confirmed by selecting the Links command from the
Edit menu), or I simply tick the check box for the Edit Links dialog
box.

Either way, the image size if supposed to be locked. However, if I close
and re-open the file, one or more images revert to the original size.
These are not big documents (20 pages or so).

As a work-around, I saved the images as part of the document, which
wastes disk space. In this case it solved the problem.

I also found that some other documents (new docs, from a template) the
new docs would sometimes display the referenced wmf-files in the correct
size and sometimes at their original size (too large). The templates
were saved with the images supposedly locked.

Don't tell me to use FrameMaker, I already do. Sadly, my job includes
working in Word.

Dave Chisma
chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au