Tech Writing Agencies/Contractors - Northern Virginia

Subject: Tech Writing Agencies/Contractors - Northern Virginia
From: "Marinela G. Miclea" <marinela -at- BRAINPOWER -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 23:52:34 -0700

Kathy Fisher wrote:

> Can anyone out there give me the names of some good
> agencies/contractors in
> Northen Virginia, specifically the Dulles Corridor and the
> Reston/Herndon
> areas?

I highly recommend joining the National Writers Union (NWU) though I'm
not sure if it has a Virginia local - you can check its national Web
site (http://www.nwu.org/nwu/) It has a national job hotline with staff
as well as contract job listings - you can read job descriptions right
away but need to be a member to get contact info. Besides helping you
land a job, the NWU is a very supportive organization - helps a lot in
networking.

I joined the NWU a few years ago and I'm very enthusiastic about it. By
the way, I'm the NWU's San Francisco Bay Area (Local 3) Webmaster and
list job opps. about which I hear - it's free; go ahead and browse...
(http://www.igc.org/nwusf/)

Good luck. Hope this helps,

Marinela
--
Marinela G. Miclea, BrainPower - Technical Writer * Web Page Designer
510/935-0692 - marinela -at- brainpower -dot- net - http://brainpower.net/