converting docs without filters

Subject: converting docs without filters
From: John -dot- Cornellier -at- PARIS -dot- IE -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 15:33:06 +0200

Greetings
Last week I asked how to convert to Frame from Ventura for DOS without having
the correct filters.
No one replied. But hey, I'm not bitter. Left to my own devices, I developed a
procedure to boldly:
1. import txt part of doc
2. find formatting tokens
3. convert paragraph styles according to tokens
4. strip out tokens
5. export to RTF
6. import to Frame
I suspect this sort of thing could come in handy again. Anyone wanting techno
details about macro coding is welcome to write me offline at
john -dot- cornellier -at- paris -dot- ie -dot- philips -dot- com
Virtually yours, John