Re: Compare Thee to a Database

Subject: Re: Compare Thee to a Database
From: Phillip Winn <pwinn -at- S7 -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 15:03:04 -0500

>"A database is like..." (the Forrest Gump--box of chocolates--thing won't
>work. I already tried!)
>
>Be as creative and abstract as you want, but keep in mind that the idea is
>to convey a concept clearly, quickly, and easily.

A database is like the card file system at the library, except that all of
the cards can be sorted any one of a dozen different ways at the touch of a
button.

A database is like a filing cabinet is pretty popular, but I like the
library card file system analogy better.

|- Phillip Winn -|- Strategy 7 -|- vox 972.458.2817 -|
|- pwinn -at- s7 -dot- com -|- Dallas, TX -|- fax 972.458.2218 -|