Re: Techwr-l Recurring Reduces (plural of redux, no? :)

Subject: Re: Techwr-l Recurring Reduces (plural of redux, no? :)
From: Beth Mazur <mazur -at- MAYA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 16:33:43 -0500

At 2:41 PM -0500 7/3/97, BILL KONRAD wrote:
>\ So I'm skeptical of your 90/10 percentage to begin with...

Hey, it was our list owner who posted that less than 200 people went
to the trouble to send him mail saying that certification should be
killed as a topic. I said that if this list really does have 2500
people, then that means that fewer than 10% felt strongly enough
to actually send one email message to the list owner!

I didn't say that 90% of this list actually *liked* to see this stuff,
I just suggested that they were low maintenance :-).

>Personally, I'd like to see something like what Fred suggests, but even if
>such a list of "ARRGH"-inducing topics were available, you can be sure that
>those topics would still come up, just like weeds.

Exactly. Which is this thread is just as annoying as number of spaces, etc.
The only real solution is moderation...it saves the masses, but at the
expense of the list owner who still gets to deal with it.

Beth Mazur
mazur -at- maya -dot- com (30 minutes...)