Magazines, books

Subject: Magazines, books
From: Patricia Bergsma <bergsma -at- LOCAMATION -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 16:35:54 +0200

Hi everybody,

This is my first writing to this newsgroup, so if I am violating
newsgroup rules in any way, please tell me (nicely).

I am a technical writer for 1 year now, but because I don't know any
other technical writers personally to exchange experiences with, I would
like to subscripe to a magazine/journal or membership involving
technical writing. I myself have no knowledge of such a magazine or
membership, so I am asking for any suggestions and experiences from you!

Although I live in The Netherlands, all my technical writing is in
USEnglish. Because I want to improve my writing I would like to know if
there are any good books about common use of technical terms, legal
technical abbreviations etc.? Any suggestion is welcome.

Patricia Bergsma
Technical writer