Re: is A4 used is Asia?

Subject: Re: is A4 used is Asia?
From: Sunil Gokhale <sunilg -at- PUNE -dot- TCS -dot- CO -dot- IN>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:28:40 +0530

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Suzanne Lee wrote:

> hi -
> is A4 a standard for Europe only or for Asia, too (or for everyone but the
> US)? Does it vary by country within Asia ( Japan, China, Tawain,
> Singapore, etc.)?

Yes in India we use A4 as the standard for the paper - most of the
official documents, thesis, reports are done on a A4 size paper.
`A4' specifies the size of the paper and not quality of the paper, so it
will be taken as standard every where - just like the units in sciences.

Sunil Gokhale, Technical Communicator
Tata Consultancy Services
sunilg -at- pune -dot- tcs -dot- co -dot- in