Re[2]: success with finding jobs

Subject: Re[2]: success with finding jobs
From: ckime <ckime -at- PEERLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:45:03 -0700

>First of all, I take offense to lamebrained HR departments. There is a
>reason HR departments follow this criteria.

And that reason is?

------------------
Fortunately it's been a while since I had to review U.S. labor laws, but as I
recall, having a college degree is one of the criterion that can distinguish
exempt and non-exempt employees. Not saying it's right or wrong to require one
or use it for screening, but I think that may be one of the driving factors in
why HR folks like to see the degree requirement on exempt positions. It's not
impossible to hire non-degreed people in exempt positions, but makes the
company more vulnerable to scrutiny on hiring/compensation practices and they'd
have to work much harder to justify exceptions.

Carol Kime
Austin, TX