8-1/2 X 11 is available in Japan also

Subject: 8-1/2 X 11 is available in Japan also
From: 須田信良 <GCE00372 -at- NIFTYSERVE -dot- OR -dot- JP>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 15:35:00 +0900

In regard with Kathy Ono's post,

>A4 is standard in Japan.

Yes, true.

> You can't even buy 8 1/2 x 11 paper here.

Not wholly true. You can purchase letter-size paper through special
channel, e.g. the shop for professional printing, etc. There's small
demand for letter-size paper as some companies need to print documents
for USA.

A couple of years ago, a kidnapper was identified as he used letter
size paper for blackmailing -- police judged he must have some relation
to print house who does the job for US! Such is the availability of
letter-size paper here.

>A4 is considerably taller and narrower than 8 1/2 x 11. Since this thread has
>come up, does anyone have any suggestions for adjusting the proportions in
>programs (like Print Artist) that are set up for a 8 1/2 x 11 format so that
>panels will print on A4 paper with equal margins?

I also want to have suggestions. TIA ...