Re: Re[2]: success with finding jobs

Subject: Re: Re[2]: success with finding jobs
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 13:37:40 -0400

In a message dated 97-07-12 05:05:39 EDT, annasoj -at- EXABYTE -dot- COM writes:

<< If you can't or don't want to
fill that requirement (no matter how lamebrained you think it is),
just apply for a different job. Their loss. >>
Now just a cotton-pickin' minute. I have a degree, but I certainly don't
think those who don't should be cutting themselves out of work. Never mind
that in some places and/or times jobs are tight. Lots of other elements come
in to play on both sides and 'requirements' are often merely wish-lists.

I'm for going for every opportunity that's at all in your range of abilities
and let the market do the shaking out. It's bad enough that
corporate/governmental restraints oblige companies to limit themselves in
what they can ask for. Job/project-seekers shouldn't constrict what can be
an actual adventure by looking for reasons NOT to apply.

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles
Contract/free-lance, currently available