FrameMaker 5.0 or Ventura 7.0 --which is better?

Subject: FrameMaker 5.0 or Ventura 7.0 --which is better?
From: "Kamela J. Salyers" <kjsalyer -at- PRAIRIENET -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 21:52:33 -0500

Our department has the opportunity to choose new dtp software. It has
been narrowed to Frame or Ventura 7.0. We currently use Ventura 4.2 so
either conversion will be a bit of work. We need to convert 15 manuals
containing approx. 200 pages, anchored graphics, multiple fonts etc. The
software must also be able to write to CD-ROM (pdf).

Frame and Ventura seem comparable (conditional text, html,
auto TOC and index, etc.) Frame certainly is more poplular, so
there must be a reason. Although it would be cheaper to select Ventura
7.0, we want to choose the best product. We would appreciate any
advice, opinions, or testimonials.

I looked in the list archives but could find no applicable messages.
Reply to the list or e-mail me. Thanks.

Kamela J. Salyers DeAtley
kjsalyer -at- firefly -dot- prairienet -dot- org